Monday, July 29, 2013

Fika Journey: Chye Seng Huat Hardware


BenVoda's FIKA JOURNEY is back again after so long!
If you've been following me on Instagram and Twitter (@Benvoda), you'll know that I've been visiting tons of cafes for the past month! But I was too busy (just an excuse) to do so! Now I shall clear the post one by one.


Today I am going to review on CHYE SENG HUAT HARDWARE!

Definitely, a lot of you might have been there already but no harm sharing different individual experience!


I am actually quite amazed at where it was located because I always go to the nearby lavender hawker but never did I once notice this cafe just right there!So I am very happy to patronize this cafe finally!


And it is no wonder why people who are not aware that such cafe existed.
Basically, the cafe still retain the name of the previous old hardware factory. And it didn't state that it was a cafe. As such, many people will just walk past thinking that it's just another hardware factory due to its location too. 

I do love the idea of them preserving the hardware factory's name and transforming it into a cafe.
Very unique and I love how the interior complements with everything too!


My date for the cafe is none other than Fero!
Heh, his hair was so cute back then like bangs ^^
Oh ya, the background is actually the wall of the cafe! Loving it so much because they didn't even over paint it with a new coat of pain. Just keeping it original for its exterior.


Of course, the interior is definitely different.
It's furbished like how other cafes do so. But they do not overdo it and just simple design yet reflecting modernity. The rotating fans could be my favorite for some reason haha! 


Look! Even the menu is made of cardboard! HAHA talking about hardware stalls~ 


We ordered French Toast with Butterscotch Sauce and Bananas since it was morning!
When it was served, the serving was actually quite big and definitely worth the money! 


Looking like any other French Toasts, they do taste very nice as the butterscotch was not too overwhelming and sweet for my palette. And of course, complementing it with bananas is a smart move indeed.


That's a satisfied me after devouring the french toast! We didn't eat much as we are cafe hopping (went to total of 3 cafes!!!) for that day itself. So a french toast and a beverage each is more than enough to kick start the day.
And surprisingly, I had hot latte instead of my usual iced-latte :D Not bad too actually.
I should really start appreciating hot coffee too. Cos I found out that the fragrance you get from hot coffee is just different.


I am like a typical Asian who shoots everywhere I go.
So I even snap photos of the toilet and the interior. If I have my own house, I would actually consider furnishing my toilet as so! The modern rugged design. 


Just a few artistic shot which I find it to be mandatory whenever you visit cafes:





Loving this shot a lot! Just so happen that a customer left haha!
It kinda reflects loneliness right? Finished drinks, being left on the table and through the window, the city bustle

HAHA it actually rhymes. Not bad not bad!

For those who are interested in visiting Chye Seng Huat Hardware, here is the address:

  • 150 Tyrwhitt Road
  • Singapore, Singapore 207563
    Tue - Fri9:00 am - 7:00 pm
    Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm

1 comment: