Monday, September 12, 2016

Gem In A Lane: The Laneway Market


Everyone who knows me well enough, will know that I am a sucker for cafes, especially those with good ambience and coffee! I am no and expert in roaster or coffee, but of course we all do have our own preference. So, what is good for me might not be what your taste bud are looking for. Nonetheless, I do love to share my experience as I go around Singapore exploring different places for good food or hangouts!

Today, the cafe that I'll be featuring is THE Laneway MARKET. 


This lovely cafe is located at 266 Tanjong Katong Road, a lovely estate area that is great to hang out if is not scorching hot. The interior is nicely decorated and done up, with dried flowers occupying the space and serving as the centre of attraction of the cafe. 

Personally, I love dried flowers compared to fresh ones because of the everlasting beauty and the neutral tone of color and elegance that exudes from them. The beauty of the place has definitely captivated me and all that is left to impress me would be the food itself. 


Sat down and ordered this beverage, which captured my attention that most amongst the list of late, mochas or cappuccinos - Laneway Cuppa ($6). It is their own unique blend with a hint of coconut in it. Definitely worth a try. It is coffee, yet it has a strong scent of coconut aroma that lingers with every sip. Love it! 

Food wise, it was fantastic as well. Simple ingredients with some seasoning, and poof! You get a dish of artwork. No exaggerating because they are truly amazing to taste. 



Pardon my lousy memory but the dish above, is simply a platter sort of meal. You get to have a taste of a few dishes in one, with different sausages, scrambled eggs, hams and sauteed mushrooms! The portion was right too, even for a guy with big appetite like mine. 





This is their Soft creamy Scrambled eggs, Caramelised Onions, 12 Sautéed Mushrooms, roasted peppers and Chicken Chipolatas ($12). I am very picky when it comes to scrambled eggs and I must say that theirs was one of the better ones that I've tasted so far in so many cafes around Singapore. 

To me, scrambled eggs must be slightly runny and buttery to the taste. It must NEVER be dry, like those that we cook at home ourselves. 



Overally, I would say that THE Laneway MARKET is definitely worth a visit. They might not have the best dishes around, but their service is more than enough to make me want to revisit them. They do not impose any device charges but their waiters and waitresses are always on a lookout for you, wondering if your drink has turned cold or would like to have a refill.

Good food brings people to your cafe but with good services, I am sure it will go a long way!


Share with me where you would like me to explore in the future 
and I would be more than glad to do so.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. wow that coffee is really amazing! too bad i cant have it too much due to milk in it!
    great blog!

    little-jay999.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete